Coronavirus live news: France sets daily record 20,000 cases; Australian state of Victoria reports 14 new infections
Trump plans in-person rally on Monday as next presidential debate cancelled; Europe records 100,000 daily cases for first time; Canada at ‘tipping point’. Follow latest updates
- Europe: Spain declares emergency in Madrid as Berlin emerges as hotspot
- UK workers to get two-thirds of wages if firms told to shut
- Australia: Is Victoria ready to come out of lockdown?
- US presidential debate cancelled – live updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews is about to stand up for a press conference – his 100th consecutive day fronting up to reporters.
France is now experiencing a sharp rise in cases and is one of several countries in Europe struggling to contain the spread of Covid-19.
Reuters reports new infections in France jumped more than 20,000 in one day for the first time. This from the news agency.