US president addresses world from hospital; medical team says Donald Trump is ‘not out of the woods’; Joe Biden’s campaign to release results of his future tests
- President says ‘I think I’ll be back soon’ in four-minute video
- Panic and confusion permeate White House
- Can Johnson and Bolsonaro offer lessons for Trump?
- Amy Coney Barrett: confirmation under threat as senators infected
- Coronavirus – latest live news
The US president is awake and has thanked supporters who gathered outside the hospital on Saturday night.
Thank you so much! https://t.co/UL6P5lRjZI
A Reuters/Ipsos poll shows Democratic candidate Joe Biden has opened his widest lead in a month in the US presidential race after Trump tested positive for the coronavirus.
The national opinion survey, taken over 2-3 October, shows “little indication of an outpouring of support for the president beyond Trump’s core group of followers,” Reuters said.