- First of three presidential debates tonight in Cleveland
- Debate offers Trump chance to yank 2020 race his way
- Coronavirus rates on the rise again in New York
- Faulty ballots sent to an unknown number of Brooklyn voters
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
We’re closing down this blog, but Joan E Greve and I will be covering the presidential debate tonight. Follow along here.
A federal appeals court upheld a ruling – contested by Republicans – that extends the deadline for counting absentee ballots in Wisconsin.
The decision means that ballots postmarked by 3 November will be so long as they arrive before 9 November. The Republican National Committee and state Republican leaders and legislators had argued against the extension – arguing that people would have plenty of time to return their ballots.