Premier hints at easing lockdown restrictions next week and chief health officer says state is on the ‘home stretch’
- Follow the Sunday live blog
- Victoria cases trend map; Full Australian Covid stats
- Melbourne stage 4 restrictions; Vic stage 3 rules
- Video: Andrews briefs media 77 days in a row
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
Victoria’s new coronavirus case numbers dropped to 14 on Sunday, and the premier, Daniel Andrews, declared: “This is a good day.”
However, five more Victorians have died, including four people in their 80s and one in their 90s.