- FBI chief warns of Russian interference in US elections
- Amy Dorris praised for coming forward with Trump assault allegation
- Joe Biden: trust scientists, not Trump, on realities of coronavirus
- 849 new Covid deaths and 45,391 new cases reported yesterday
- Critics condemn Trump’s rewrite of America’s legacy of racism
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
Graphic photos that surfaced online this week appear to show deep bruises on the face of a Black man who died following a police chase in Louisiana last year, raising new questions about whether his injuries were caused by the crash that ended the chase or an ensuing struggle with state troopers.
The family of 49-year-old Ronald Greene also released images of the SUV involved in the May 2019 crash showing that the vehicle appeared to have sustained only minor damage to its driver’s side.
Departing US ambassador to China Terry Branstad has blamed Beijing in public for the spread of the coronavirus beyond its initial source late last year.
The former Iowa governor told CNN “What could have been contained in Wuhan ended up becoming a worldwide pandemic. [The] Chinese system was such that they covered it up and even penalized the doctors who pointed it out at the beginning. It’s really I think the communist system of China, and their unwillingness to admit wrongdoing that caused this whole thing to happen. And that’s the tragedy of it”