English rules don’t go ‘anywhere near far enough’, says leading government Covid adviser
- Follow new restrictions or risk a second lockdown, Johnson warns
- 10pm nightlife ban ‘not a silver bullet’, Raab admits
- Six ways to get through the next six months
- Raab’s morning interviews – Summary
- Global coronavirus updates – live
So why did Johnson says yesterday it had “very little” to do with the spread of the disease, Starmer asks.
Johnson says it is an “epidemiological fact” that transmission takes place human to human. And capacity today is at a record high, he says.
Sir Keir Starmer says three months ago Johnson said test and trace would be a real positive. Yesterday he said it had little impact on the spread of the disease. Which is right?
Johnson says it is fact that test and trace does not have an impact on biological spread. But it can tell you where the disease is.