Health secretary says people are booking tests when they are well as England bans gatherings of more than six people
- Gatherings of more than six people banned in England
- What are you allowed to do in England from Monday
- Oxford vaccine trial on hold after participant has adverse reaction
- Oxford vaccine trial pause – should we be worried?
- Global coronavirus updates – live
A claim that Boris Johnson decided to breach international law after the EU had threatened to disrupt food exports from Britain to Northern Ireland (see 10.19am) has been condemned as “fake news”, amid growing outrage over the prime minister’s plans to renege on the withdrawal agreement, my colleague Daniel Boffey reports.