- Sunak plans 80% furlough wage extension in local lockdown areas
- Keir Starmer blasts ‘Whitehall knows best’ Covid attitude
- Hospitals in north of England ‘to run out of Covid beds within a week’
- Scotland’s drinking ban in chaos over meaning of cafe
- Global coronavirus updates – live
Women are being disproportionately affected by a rise in mental health problems caused by increasing workloads as people do their jobs from home amid the pandemic.
The length of the working day has increased steadily, resulting in a 49% rise in mental distress reported by employees when compared with 2017-19.
The University of Bristol has told hundreds of students to self-isolate after 40 people tested positive for Covid-19 in the same halls of residence.
All 300 students in The Courtrooms accommodation in the city centre have been told to remain in their flats and only socialise with those in their living circle, due to the cluster of coronavirus cases.